The Final Outpost
Something is amiss in the outpost.... - Printable Version

+- The Final Outpost (https://forum.finaloutpost.net)
+-- Forum: The Final Outpost (https://forum.finaloutpost.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Announcements (https://forum.finaloutpost.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Something is amiss in the outpost.... (/showthread.php?tid=347)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: Something is amiss in the outpost.... - pinkgothic - 10-21-2020

(10-21-2020, 05:52 AM)Mockingbird13 Wrote: So, does anyone know...there is a bar for "progress (updated hourly)", and one for "achievement", on the GSP page, right beneath the bar with all the vials, and, are those two bars to mark individual progress/achievement, or are they to mark the collective progress/achievement towards a cure? I've noticed both bars slowly filling with green and white respectively, but I don't know if that's because I've been doing a lot of sequencing, or if it's to mark everyone's work?
Not super important to know, just curious.

From my impression so far, "progress" is a global progress meter; "achievement" is your personal gauge and comes graded in colours from bronze to silver to gold (to platinum, maybe? I haven't progressed that far yet, I'm at 55% of that bar's width).

RE: Something is amiss in the outpost.... - Corteo - 10-21-2020

Here are some extra details that were posted on the discord about the behavior of the new capsules.. want to make sure everyone has a fair access to information.... I've also edited the OP.

- Breeding will be available year round with varying success rates.
- All event creatures will be available every year as G1.
- These will flood at one point for a few days and then stay around until Mid-November

RE: Something is amiss in the outpost.... - pinkgothic - 10-21-2020

(10-21-2020, 10:48 AM)Corteo Wrote: Here are some extra details that were posted on the discord about the behavior of the new capsules.. want to make sure everyone has a fair access to information.... I've also edited the OP.

- Breeding will be available year round with varying success rates.
- All event creatures will be available every year as G1.
- These will flood at one point for a few days and then stay around until Mid-November

Awesome, thanks so much for the information!

RE: Something is amiss in the outpost.... - Sinthr - 10-21-2020

Just registered... I don't know what's going on. It says something like "it seems you alredy finished this quest", but I didn't receive any reward or creature... and it was very time-consuming and frustrating enough trying over and over again that code thing... I feel quite disappointed. :(

RE: Something is amiss in the outpost.... - Sorenteen - 10-21-2020

I really enjoy games like these, it's super fun for me. Sorry for those having trouble with it though. I am curious, does doing the higher difficulty net more achievement bar progress? I know you get more gold but I'd rather have more bar progress XD I'm impatient for that sweet sweet serotonin

RE: Something is amiss in the outpost.... - dustpuppy - 10-21-2020

(10-21-2020, 02:11 PM)Sinthr Wrote: Just registered... I don't know what's going on. It says something like "it seems you alredy finished this quest", but I didn't receive any reward or creature... and it was very time-consuming and frustrating enough trying over and over again that code thing... I feel quite disappointed. :(

There was no creature reward for this one, the quest unlocked the GSP and you get a badge.

RE: Something is amiss in the outpost.... - Sinthr - 10-21-2020

(10-21-2020, 07:35 PM)dustpuppy Wrote: There was no creature reward for this one, the quest unlocked the GSP and you get a badge.

Ahh, that's actually reassuring, thank you!

RE: Something is amiss in the outpost.... - Corteo - 10-21-2020

Due to a bug in the GSP it has been causing a lot of strain on the server. I've taken it down to recode it and had hoped to finish to night. I need to sleep because I'm at the point of my evening where coding is no longer productive. The GSP will be back tomorrow and I will factor the downtime into the global progress bar.

RE: Something is amiss in the outpost.... - Hexephre - 10-22-2020

(10-21-2020, 10:46 PM)Corteo Wrote: Due to a bug in the GSP it has been causing a lot of strain on the server.  I've taken it down to recode it and had hoped to finish to night.  I need to sleep because I'm at the point of my evening where coding is no longer productive.  The GSP will be back tomorrow and I will factor the downtime into the global progress bar.

good to know! do we still collect samples from the popups during the downtime, or should we not bother clicking?

RE: Something is amiss in the outpost.... - Chaosdawn - 10-22-2020

(10-21-2020, 10:46 PM)Corteo Wrote: Due to a bug in the GSP it has been causing a lot of strain on the server.  I've taken it down to recode it and had hoped to finish to night.  I need to sleep because I'm at the point of my evening where coding is no longer productive.  The GSP will be back tomorrow and I will factor the downtime into the global progress bar.

Get some sleep, Cort! It can wait until morning. =)