The Final Outpost
Fan Site: NEMO's Ark - Printable Version

+- The Final Outpost (https://forum.finaloutpost.net)
+-- Forum: The Final Outpost (https://forum.finaloutpost.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Site Discussion (https://forum.finaloutpost.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+---- Forum: Fan Sites (https://forum.finaloutpost.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+---- Thread: Fan Site: NEMO's Ark (/showthread.php?tid=249)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Fan Site: NEMO's Ark - Kiwiana - 02-24-2021

Is there something wrong with Nemo's Ark atm? Import didn't work and after I added all codes manually they were the only ones showing up for clicks.

RE: Fan Site: NEMO's Ark - Zeyhva - 02-24-2021

having the same issue as Kiwiana. >:

RE: Fan Site: NEMO's Ark - LackingDragons - 02-24-2021

I also can't import my creatures and no creatures show up for clicking :(

RE: Fan Site: NEMO's Ark - Kiwiana - 02-24-2021

Works again for me!

RE: Fan Site: NEMO's Ark - pinkgothic - 02-24-2021

Sorry I missed this outage, and thanks to everyone who reported on this. I'm going to investigate and see what might have caused this and report on that soon.

Edit: Okay, looked into this! It looks like something about the API format briefly changed, and data the site was expecting to be there was not there. Two things happened:

(1) Unfortunately the site's pruning script (that removes adults) treats "no data returned" as "none of the codes in the fan site are valid". I've changed this - the pruning script in the background should no longer react to 'malformed' API results like this. Sorry for the inconvenience!

(2) The changed API format meant that no codes could be retrieved from a given lab name. I'm glad you were able to add the codes manually - this sort of mismatch between code and the API is exactly what having manual addition available is meant to secure against! :)

In any case, it looks like the API is back to its previous behaviour (hence the problem disappearing on its own), but I've taken the opportunity to make this a little less prone to destroying things (hopefully). Thanks for the reports!

RE: Fan Site: NEMO's Ark - pinkgothic - 03-06-2021

Heads-up: The site will be down for a little while (perhaps half an hour and change) on the 22nd of March around 18:00 UTC.

This is a pretty comfortable time for me, so I should be able to check live as to whether or not everything is back in order once it comes back up - that said, I would still ask you for your patience for up to an hour after connections are possible again if you observe something funky going on. I'm not expecting any funkiness, though! Should be straight-forward.

RE: Fan Site: NEMO's Ark - pinkgothic - 03-07-2021

Different heads-up in the interim:

I'm presently getting an HTML response from the API with a "Captcha" title. I'll reach out to Corteo to ask what this might be about (it might be related to the changes his host made). In the meantime I'm going to try clearing adult creatures manually.

Update on the situation: It looks like my server's IP address has been blacklisted by the intermediate layer serving site content (sadly Corteo has no control over this layer). I'm going to look into making a proxy through a different IP I own, but unfortunately I'll only have time to do this Monday evening.

In the meantime, please manually add your codes; as previously mentioned, I'll try to stay on top of taking out adults in the background.

RE: Fan Site: NEMO's Ark - pinkgothic - 03-07-2021

As a temporary stopgap measure I've forced my site to communicate with IPv4, since thankfully so far only its IPv6 is blocked. Things should be back to normal for a while, but expect them to break again any time.

RE: Fan Site: NEMO's Ark - pinkgothic - 03-22-2021

(03-06-2021, 05:27 PM)pinkgothic Wrote: Heads-up: The site will be down for a little while (perhaps half an hour and change) on the 22nd of March around 18:00 UTC.

This is a pretty comfortable time for me, so I should be able to check live as to whether or not everything is back in order once it comes back up - that said, I would still ask you for your patience for up to an hour after connections are possible again if you observe something funky going on. I'm not expecting any funkiness, though! Should be straight-forward.

Heads-up, this is happening tomorrow.

RE: Fan Site: NEMO's Ark - Argentleif - 03-28-2021

Hello, if it's not too much trouble, can I have some help resetting my Nemo's Ark password please? I accidentally forgot it.