The Final Outpost
Generation labelling - Printable Version

+- The Final Outpost (https://forum.finaloutpost.net)
+-- Forum: The Final Outpost (https://forum.finaloutpost.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Site Discussion (https://forum.finaloutpost.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Generation labelling (/showthread.php?tid=1309)

Generation labelling - Shione - 02-09-2023

So I've noticed that everyone seems to be labelling their generations weirdly?
Normally, when you're breeding animals (bugs, snakes, whatever), & you have the progenitors (the 'parentless' individuals) of a lineage, they would be labelled Generation 0, & their offspring would be labelled Generation 1. But here everyone just calls the parentless individuals Generation 1. I might have to re-label (improperly by normal standards) all of my parentless creatures as 'G1' now.

Not really trying to do anything with this, I just had to 'rant' somewhere about it for a bit.

RE: Generation labelling - RabbitBVT - 04-06-2023

(Full disclosure that I don't really do breeding on any of these sites because it's crazy overwhelming to me) I feel like G1 is pretty typical labelling for the parentless generation on pet sites. I know G1 was the terminology on Flight Rising, and I believe Wolvden too. Probably just something that's became the norm over the years.

RE: Generation labelling - Bronzewinged - 04-08-2023

This is something I've also wondered about a bit.
I use the G1 and forward due to it being the "first" for me I think and I'd seen other uses do so.
Some DO use the G0 I suspect so no need to relabel yours.
I did not know that animal breeders do that due to gens not being labeled I think where I live with non English as a language.

I don't need to rant about the "how much gold is this worth?" either.

RE: Generation labelling - lamel - 04-21-2023

i use for the pets from Capsule Board or Genome Splicer "P0" = parental generation 0, and "F1" for the first filial generation, etc with the following. i read, a breeders initial generation should always be named as P0, but this would get too confusing. So this system helps me to avoid messi lines (when i'm not forgetting the generation from the pet during my search for a breeding partner :-D).

RE: Generation labelling - animarums - 07-05-2023

I use G1 out of habit and I know the habit came from Flight Rising, haha. (used to play a lot, haven't in a while, though) Though if someone said G0 or parentless, I'd understand what they meant. c:

RE: Generation labelling - DraconisVenenum - 10-26-2023

Most petsites i think use g1 for parentless pets, and alot of players migrated from sites that use that terminology. I come from Flight Rising where parentless dragons are gen1, thejir kids gen2, and so on. I use the same terminology for TFO animals and so far i think everyone understands

RE: Generation labelling - GeistStorm - 12-06-2023

huh, i'd actually been wondering about that myself. i Started out using g0 for the fresh cupboard/found capsules. but then i noticed how Other people were labeling theirs and got confused and overwhelmed. so i just did away with the whole thing. lol
but then, i don't do a lot in the way of sales or trading. so i didn't figure it really mattered in the long run. [shrugs]