The Final Outpost

Full Version: Predictor tool
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Many of you have asked for this and we are excited to announce that you can now use the predictor tool in a creature’s lab notes to view different combinations of genes.  Have fun!  

P.S. you may need to clear your browses cache for the tool to start working.
And so the chaos begins
(10-03-2020, 12:08 AM)BlueLatios Wrote: [ -> ]And so the chaos begins

Did someone say my name?  Oh wait... XD
Yay! This is so useful (and dangerous! I already have too many projects but this tool is giving me more ideas...) :) Thank you!
Is there a way to add two codes of a breeding pair and use predictor?

Am confused because I see it says Male, then another pulldown option for female but when I placed the two different codes of each, it didn't work (I don't think, not sure, maybe I did something wrong).

Predictor tool is super cool, am looking at cool combos of stuff in the random and starting a list of goals lolol

thanks so much for this very cool tool !
(10-03-2020, 12:37 PM)Danafox Wrote: [ -> ]Am confused because I see it says Male, then another pulldown option for female

The male/female dropdown is for when there are different sprites for the two sexes - Suna Hundo, or, even more strikingly, Arbara Krono, where the same genes manifest in different colourations.

(Apologies if this is already clear to you and I misread what confused you, by the way!)
(10-03-2020, 03:12 PM)pinkgothic Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-03-2020, 12:37 PM)Danafox Wrote: [ -> ]Am confused because I see it says Male, then another pulldown option for female

The male/female dropdown is for when there are different sprites for the two sexes - Suna Hundo, or, even more strikingly, Arbara Krono, where the same genes manifest in different colourations.

(Apologies if this is already clear to you and I misread what confused you, by the way!)

Ahhh that makes sense. When I saw Male/Female I thought we could put male/female pair codes and see what could happen for offspring.

This tool is great nonetheless.
I feel really stupid, because I can't find where this is. Is it through a creature's profile, or...?
(I did clear my browser cache, too)
(10-07-2020, 11:08 AM)Lothbrok Wrote: [ -> ]I feel really stupid, because I can't find where this is. Is it through a creature's profile, or...?
(I did clear my browser cache, too)

It's directly underneath the field where you enter a creature's code or name to view the genome. In the menu it's under World -> Creature Notes and then you choose a species.
Ok, got it. Thanks!