The Final Outpost

Full Version: Lab Descriptions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'd love to see some people's Lab Description. I finally feel like I've got enough of a sense of what I'm doing in the game to write mine up, and I realized I've only seen a few of them 'out in the wild' so to speak, so I'd love to see yours here? I'll start! 

As you enter the lab, you see the contained chaos that spills over every space. On second glance you also notice tea pots strategically placed throughout, so that one is never out of arms reach, and the racks around the wall that seem to be filled with packets of tea. A few Scurios also dot the tables, and seem to have claimed their own tea cups. On the wall, you notice a white board: 
Lab Goals Include 
1) Hatching/raising wild specimens 
2) Matching and breeding specimens to maximize unique genetic anomalies 
3) Releasing capsules to Shelter for other scientists to assist in their lab goals
Unfortunately, I haven't figured out formatting for the description, so it's all one paragraph in my actual lab. Oh, well!
I wrote mine ages ago; maybe I should polish it a little:

As you enter the lab, you see various 3D-printed miniature skeletons arranged on one of the broad tables. Judging by the hand-drawn posters on the walls, it looks like the inhabitant of this particular unit has sunk their teeth into the phylogeny and paleontology of the lost years, trying to reconstruct the evolution of the creatures that now populate the world.

I appreciate the tea in yours! XD
The worn out, rusty door might lead one to think this lab was abandoned- but stepping inside reveals a world of life, dark purple walls and neon lights more reminiscent of an arcade than a lab. But those bright lights arent from the ceiling lights, they're from Sciuros. Hundreds upon hundreds of them, all shining colourful wingtips and scurrying about like they own the place. You barely avoid stepping on one when a dark haired man with a twisted jaw steps out of a hallway. "Oh, hey! Wasnt' expecting visitors, lemme show ye around!"

Critique welcome, still getting the hang of lore